Prince Edward Island
- Josh Ballem, 20, qualified for three A-finals (50/100 free, 100 fly). His highest placing was 4th in the 50 free. Ballem swims for the University of New Brunswick
- Victoria Lally, 14, qualified for two B-finals (50/100 free). She placed 10th for 50 free
- Krista Morrison, 19, 8th 100 breast, 10th 400 I.M.
- first medal ever in a women's relay at Canada Games: 4x200 free bronze, swimmers were Shauna Conrad, Molly Seto, Elizabeth Weis, Stephanie Hughes
- Kevin Dupuis, 19, won silver in 400 I.M., 6th 200 I.M., 6th 200 breast. Dupuis won the 200/400 IM, and was 2nd in 200 breast at 1997 L.C. junior nationals
- two medals in total
- Suzanne Drodge, 17, 6th 200 free, 8th 400 free, 9th 800 free
- Lucy Mae Smith, 15, gold 100 breast, silver 200 breast, bronze 4x100 M.R.; Smith won the 100 breast at '97 Youth Champs
- Genevieve Noiseaux, 17, silver 100 and 200 back, bronze 4x100 M.R.
- 25 medals in total
- Tanya Hunks, 16, gold 400 free, 400 IM, 4x200 free relay; silver 800 free; junior national team member
- Jason Flint, 20, gold 100/200 breast, 4x100 M.R.; Canada Games records in all three
- Team Ontario overall winner in swimming
- 32 medals in total
- Sara Alroubaie, 16, gold 100/200 fly, 200 IM, silver 400 IM
- Owen MacGregor, gold 400 IM
- five medals in total; last Canada Games only won one bronze
- Riley Janes, 17, gold 100 back; junior national team member; sister and Canada Games alumnus ('93) Rikki Janes in the stands cheering him on
- Janet Cook, 18, silver 50/100 free
- four medals in total
- Shauna McNally, 15, gold 100/200 back, 4x100 M.R.
- Marsha Hamilton, 19, gold 100 free, 4x100 M.R.; silver 200 free.
- Jason Brockman, 18, gold 100 back; silver 200 back; junior national team member
- 15 medals in total
- Robert Pettifer, gold 4x200 free relay; silver 50/100/200 free, 4x50 free, 4x100 free
- Sam Lawson, gold 400/1500 free
- Courtney Chuy, 12, 6th 100 breast. Chuy was the youngest swimmer in the competition and is only in her second full year of training. She won the 100 breast at 1997 Youth Champs and was second in the 200 breast
- 19 medals in total
Yukon and Northwest Territories
- Gina Ursich, 17, 14th 50 free. Ursich, a Whitehorse native, trains in Saskatoon